Let’s be honest: it takes a village to raise a child. Parenting is overwhelming, messy and chaotic, and that’s on a good day. Thank goodness Cheer Up Buttercups offers parents the very best support during children’s early years. No matter what challenge you’re facing, whether you’re parent to a newborn or a school-age child, or still expecting your bundle of joy — this one-stop “shop” with a no-judgment philosophy has what you need, including lactation, sleep, nutrition, potty-training, and behavior redirection consulting services. The Cheer Up Buttercups experts are the best in their field, and can help parents overcome any challenge!
Cheer Up Buttercups is offering a slate of excellent workshops this fall. Check out the list, below — and once you’ve done that, fill out the giveaway form at the end of this post, because two lucky winners will each win a FREE spot in an upcoming fall workshop! (The value of this giveaway is $20–$50, depending on the workshop chosen by the winner.)
The workshops aren’t the only way to get support and education. Worried about whether your picky eater is getting adequate nutrition or whether your baby will ever sleep through the night? Feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of potty training, or wondering how placenta encapsulation can benefit every new mom? Whatever parenting issue you’re having, Cheer Up Buttercups can help.
Without further ado, here are the upcoming workshops from the fall schedule. Unless otherwise noted, workshops are held at Natural Baby (515 S. Congress Ste. 200, Austin, 78704). If you’d like to attend a workshop listed below, please be sure to RSVP to reserve your spot by emailing [email protected]
- Car Seat Safety ($50/family, must be paid in advance) — Every first Saturday, 2 – 4 PM. Next workshop: Sat., Sept. 6, 2014, 2 PM – 4 PM. 75% of car seats are installed improperly — don’t let yours be one of them! Join this car seat safety workshop and receive a complimentary installation check of your personal car seat.
- Controlling Screen Time Before it Controls Your Family ($20 advance, $25 door) — Sat., Sept. 13, 2014, 2 PM – 3:30 PM. If your child’s increased screen times have you concerned about the possible impact on their development, don’t miss this unique, interactive workshop with a behavior specialist. You’ll learn the importance of limiting screen time, how to cut back without causing an uproar, how to enrich screen time when it is used, and how to have a peaceful, enjoyable meal without using the iPad or iPhone.
- Pump It Up! ($30 advance, $35 door) — Sat., Sept. 27, 2014, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. This workshop is a must for expecting and new mamas who are planning to return to work. This is a breastfeeding beginners’ look at making a smooth transition back to the workplace, without tears, struggles or challenges. Learn how to extend nursing your baby as long as possible with specific tips from lactation consultant, clinician and mom Kristine Kovach.
- Potty Training Boot Camp ($20 advance, $25 door) — three dates, two locations: Sat., Sept. 27, 2014, 2 PM – 3:30 PM, at Toybrary Austin (7817 Rockwood Ln., Ste. 101, Austin, 78757); Tues., Oct. 21, 2014, 10 AM – 11:30 AM, at Toybrary Austin; or Sat., Nov. 8, 2014, at Natural Baby. If potty seats, little potties, potty watches, rewards, no rewards, and cloth diapers have you confused and wanting to throw in the toilet paper, this workshop will teach you the tips and tricks to know when, where and how to make a smooth transition from diapers to potty.
- Introduction to Baby-Led Weaning ($20 advance, $25 door) — Sat., Nov. 15, 2014, 2 PM – 3:30 PM. The process of introducing your little one to solid foods can be overwhelming — and now, many parents are foregoing typical first foods like rice cereal or fruit and vegetable purees in favor of starting with table foods. Why is this such a popular movement? What are the risks and benefits? Learn it all here, and leave with the confidence to handle solids no matter which path you choose!
Be sure to check out Cheer Up Buttercups on Facebook and “Like” their page for a bonus entry in the giveaway!
Email [email protected]
To enter this Cheer Up Buttercups giveaway, simply fill out the form below. By submitting the form, you are agreeing to the Sweepstakes Official Rules. Two winners will be selected using random.org on September 10, 2014, and notified by email.
If you cannot see the form below, please visit the original post to enter.
Catherine A. Morris is a writer as well as a once-and-future teacher, musician, jogger and triathlete living in southwest Austin, Texas. Yes, many of her former passions and pastimes have given way, at least for now, to her current, main passion and pastime: caring for her two toddlers, Pearl and Zephyr. Pearl and Zeph make Catherine and her husband laugh (and cry) on a daily basis, and give Catherine plenty of good reasons to seek out free, fun activities to keep everyone alive, engaged and happy from one moment to the next.