The 2015 Texas Football season officially begins on Saturday, April 18, 2015 with the Orange-White Scrimmage, presented by Schlotzsky’s, and Fan Fest at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. FREE for all fans, the event provides the first glimpse of the Longhorns in action and offers fans of all ages the opportunity to interact with some of the University of Texas’ greatest traditions.
The north end gates to Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium open at 11 a.m. for the Fan Fest.
Some of the University’s greatest traditions will greet fans right away as Bevo XIV and Smokey the Cannon will be available for photo ops outside the stadium. Everything’s bigger in Texas, and that includes Giant Hook ‘Em, the 30-foot tall inflatable mascot serving as the gateway to the Fan Fest in front of Seal Gate.
Once inside, there will be plenty of activities and photo ops waiting! Highlights include:
- Longhorn Network will give fans the opportunity to have a photo taken from behind the Texas GameDay desk used by LHN personalities. Fans can also test their knowledge at Texas Trivia, take photos in “The 41st Acre,” and play other games for a chance to win exciting LHN prizes.
- AirHorn, the new inflatable mascot of Texas Athletics, will make his debut and will be available for photo ops.
- Hook ‘Em, everyone’s favorite costumed mascot, will also be available for photo ops.
- Texas Cheer and Pom will interact with fans throughout the Fan Fest.
- The UFCU Longhorns Kids Club will host interactive activities including tailgate games, a poster-making station with Ozobot interactive robots and more. Kids (eighth grade and under) will also be able to sign up for a 2015-16 UFCU Longhorns Kids Club Membership and receive their membership packages on-site!
- There will be a face painting station where fans of all ages will be able to choose the design that makes them the most spirited Longhorns fan!
- Dunkin’ Donuts will pass out 2,500 munchkin bags to the first 2,500 fans inside the Fan Fest and offer a variety of games for fans to win great Dunkin’ Donuts prizes.
TEAM SHOP FIRE SALE
The Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop will be holding its 2-day fire sale (Friday and Saturday) at its location inside Gate 8 just west of the stadium food court. Fans can purchase authentic Texas Athletics apparel only previously available to student-athletes and coaches, on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Orange-White Scrimmage, presented by Schlotzsky’s, kicks off year two of the Charlie Strong era at 1 p.m. This is the final opportunity to see the Longhorns in action at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium before the home opener vs. Rice on Saturday, September 12.
Seating is first-come, first-served, so fans are encouraged to arrive early to get the best possible seats. Enter through Gates 1, 7, 8, 14, 16, 25, 27 and 32.
Campus parking map (UT Parking & Transportation Services)
FREE parking is available in the Manor and San Jacinto garages, as well as Lots 37 and 70. FREE street parking is also available on Robert Dedman Dr., San Jacinto St., and Trinity St. (with the exception of the NO PARKING AT ALL TIMES designated spots). Parking lots open at 9 a.m.