Heartsong Music will offer free sample classes June 16 – 21, 2014. Carey Youngblood, the Director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this local Music Together® program.
Where can you have uninterrupted musical playtime with your child, meet other moms, dads, and families, and be a part of a wonderful musical community while supporting your child’s musical development as she learns important life skills? Heartsong Music!
Heartsong Music teaches Music Together®, the internationally recognized music and movement program for children from birth through age 7—and the grownups who love them™. Beloved by millions of children, parents, and early childhood educators for 25 years, Music Together connects families across the globe as they express and explore the basic human instinct for making music!
Classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical and can learn to sing in tune and keep a beat, provided that their early environment supports such learning. The program also strongly emphasizes adult participation! Regardless of your own musical ability you can learn to nurture and enhance your child’s musical development as well as experience the joy so many parents and caregivers feel while singing and dancing with other families. Even if you don’t think you are “especially musical,” Heartsong’s talented and highly trained teachers create a relaxed and playful environment that will help you feel comfortable discovering your own “inner musician!” And most adults say they grow musically, too, right along with their child!
Some benefits you can expect to receive from attending Heartsong’s Music Together classes:
- Our classes provide an opportunity for immersion in live singing, movement, and instrument play and exposure to different kinds of music, tonalities, meters, and rhythms.
- This is a fun activity that includes the entire family: parents, grandparents, and siblings all make music together in the same class!
- You will connect with a wonderful community of families, and both you and your child can meet new friends.
- This is a research-based music education program, and Music Together supports your child’s music development from birth through age 7.
- Music Learning Supports All Learning®! Your child will experience growth in her social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development, and in her confidence, self-esteem, and creative expression.
- You will receive creative ideas on how to incorporate music into your daily life.
- We honor all developmental stages and learning styles.
- You and your child will bond and spend quality time together, while having fun being playful, silly, and creative!
Mon., June 16th – Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 3:30pm, and 4:45pm
Wed., June 18th – Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, and 4:45pm
Wed., June 18th – Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:00pm
Wed., June 18th – Music Together Big Kids (5 to 7 years old) at Heartsong Music at 4:00pm
Thur., June 19th – Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, and 4:45pm
Fri., June 20th – Music Together Big Kids (5 to 7 years old) at Heartsong at 1:30pm
Sat., June 21st – Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, and 12:00pm