Lonestar Dance Center announced today that it will host its annual Free Day of Dance from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, August 23, 2014 at the dance studio located at 2606 FM 1825, Suite 119, in Pflugerville. Children ages 3 to 18 are invited to take 30-minute “mini” dance classes in various genres and styles to dance.
“We host the Free Day of Dance every year to welcome the community into our studio for a day of movement, expression and fun,” Lonestar Dance Center Director Kate Evetts said. “We also hope this allows people to see the different genres of dance we teach so they can find the class that suits their children perfectly.”
No dance experience or dance shoes are required for the Free Day of Dance. Children should wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement. Plan to arrive to the studio at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled class or classes your child would like to try. Children should not be dropped off for the Free Day of Dance as parents or guardians should plan to stay and observe the class.
Discounted fall registration for new enrollees will be available until 3 p.m. August 23, on the Free Day of Dance.
The Free Day of Dance schedule is below. Children are welcome to stay for multiple classes, or even for the duration of the Free Day of Dance.
Saturday, August 23, 2014:
- 9-9:30 a.m. Kids Ballet (ages 6-10) & Hip Hop (ages 10+)
- 9:30-10 a.m. Kids Pom/Cheer (ages 5-10) & Kids Jazz (ages 10+)
- 10-10:30 a.m. Ballet (Ages 10+) & Kids Jazz (Ages 5-10)
- 10:30-11 a.m. Kids Ballet (Ages 3-5) & Lyrical (Ages 10+) & Kids Lyrical (Ages 6-10)
- 11-11:30 a.m. Musical Theater (Ages 6+) & Kids Tap (Ages 3-5)
- 11:30 a.m.-noon Kids Hip Hop (Ages 6-10) & Tap (Ages 10+)