- This event has passed.
Women in Tech
10 November, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making our coworking space an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities.
Check out our 2019 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report, which reflects on our work the past few years, what we’re doing currently, and how we want to continue improving in the future. Read more about it here. If you have any feedback or comments, we’d love to hear from you
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR?
Women leaders, entrepreneurs, and allies in tech who support and invest in diversity and inclusion. Join our new LinkedIn Group and start connecting with fellow entrepreneurs, tech professionals and more who will be attending the summit!Discuss takeaways, the session topics as well as future opportunities during and after the event!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Attendees can look forward to:
- A Keynote Address from Sandy Carter VP of Amazon Web Services
- Women in Tech $100k Investment Challenge
- “Overcoming the Odds: How I Raised $20M+ in Funding for My Startup” A Fireside Chat featuring Ashley Rose (CEO/Founder of Living Security) and Tina Dai (Principal at Silverton Partners)
- “How to Be Successful in Fundraising as an Underrepresented GP” This panel will discuss how to break the cycle of lack of women leaders at venture capital firms and how solving this problem will lead to more successful women tech entrepreneurs. Featuring Jade Tran (Consultant at Cricket Partners), Lorine Pendleton (Lead Partner for Portfolia’s Rising America Fund), Claire Hansen (Principal at Firebrand Ventures), and Lauren Washington (CEO & Cofounder of Fundr).
- “What Equity Should I be Asking for or Giving Away?” This panel will discuss how startup employees can assign value to the quality of stock they can get, how to determine how much your equity will be worth in the future, and lastly, discuss why startup founders should structure employee option pools in a way that will help close the gender wealth gap. Featuring Joelle Vail (Chief Operating Officer at Capital Factory), Riana Lynn (Founder at Journey Foods), Sara Brand (Founding General Partner at True Wealth Ventures), and Gordon Daugherty (CoFounder & President at Capital Factory).
- Founder Spotlights from Dr. Lyndsey Harper of Rosy and Jasmin Brand of Her Texas!
These conversations are designed to increase, retain, and elevate Women entrepreneurs in the tech sector. Industry experts will discuss the importance of diversity and inclusion, best practices for a more equitable workforce, and showcase the accomplishments of Women Founders.