Loading Events

« All Events

Open Volunteer Day at the Urban Roots SOUTH Farm

4 June @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am

NOTE: EACH VOLUNTEER MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE FARM. — Minors must be registered by a parent or legal guardian.

Volunteering at Urban Roots is a unique experience. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference in your community, empower young leaders, and learn about our sustainable local urban farm. Our goal is to offer everyone that steps on to our 3.5 acre farm an opportunity to grow!

No experience required. Our young leaders are prepared to teach you what they have learned while completing one of our youth programs. Our farm needs volunteers to plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits and vegetables. We do require that you have an open-mind and are ready to receive instruction from our youth leaders.

We invite you to step away from your daily life and visit our farm, located 15 minutes from Austin’s downtown. You will soak up the sun, get a little muddy, and help support our cause. To support our mission, 60% of the produce is sold at farmer’s markets and the wholesale market. The other 40% is donated to local hunger relief organizations to get fresh food into the hands of those in need.

Please read the information in the registration page for our volunteer agreement and waiver.

You may contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.

Important information for groups:

Please note that this is not an exclusive date for your group. This event is open to the public and you will be working alongside other members of our community.

We reserve spots for groups of 15 or less volunteers at no cost. To request spots for a group, please complete this form. Group spots are limited and fill up fast. Please inquire as far ahead as possible.

If you are part of a group that has made a reservation, please use your group code to register. You may contact Urban Roots for your group code. Email us at [email protected] with your group name and the date of your reservation.


Urban Roots Farm
4711 Winnebago Lane
Austin, TX 78744 United States
+ Google Map