- This event has passed.
Late at the Lake
19 July, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until 8 November, 2022
Poets, comedians, musicians, & singers gather for one night at Austin’s most beautiful outdoor venue. Active podcast recording every show.
About this event
Late at the Lake is Austin’s weekday beacon for professional local & touring musicians down to avid enthusiasts with a song or word to share.
Anywhere from 25-40 of Austin’s finest singer-songwriters, poets, and professional musicians make their way to our deck to mutually encourage and inspire one another – and the rest of us!
An open mic turned podcast platform (Patreon: Late at the Lake) your attendance is free and seating is open, but reserve an Eticket through Eventbrite to claim 20% off your cafe purchase during the performance.
Your participation in the open mic is your agreement to allow Mozart’s to record your performance and distribute it on our streaming platforms.
Hosted by Chloe Youtsey, Matt MacDonald. Sound engineering by Anthony Corsaro.
OPEN MIC RULES:
– LOTTERY sign ups open at 7:30 and close at 8:15 pm. Anyone entered during that window gets drawn randomly from the bowl and called in the order of drawing. Anyone signed up after 8:15 gets considered chronological once everyone from the bowl has gone.
– The show officially starts at 8 pm and closes at 11 pm, no matter where we are in the sign-ups.
– One song per musician, 4-5 minutes for every other kind of performance. A light will be flashed gently when you are nearing your time limit.
– No dance entries.
– Participants must be 16 and older.
– When in doubt, don’t assume the hosts have what you need for your performance.
1. Can I borrow a guitar?
Not unless you get lucky with a friend who is also there. Do not assume there is a communal guitar. Bring your own guitars, and if you are picky about your microphone, bring that also.
2. Can I bring my keyboard?
Mozart’s supplies a house keyboard specifically on Tuesday nights and it stays up during the show.
3. Can my 5-piece-band play a song?
Performances are limited to trios.
4. Is there a drum set?
Not as of April 2022. Bring your own handheld percussion. Cajons are perfect.