Global Running Day 10K
1 June @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Global Running Day is a day for people around the world to celebrate the joys of running.
About this event
Participation is easy—just pledge to take part in some type of running activity on June 1, 2022. It can be a solo lap around the block, a long run with friends, or even a game of tag with your kids. The key is to share your passion for the sport and inspire others to get moving too. The Cap10K is hosting a free social run from The Meteor on South Congress. You’re welcome to join us, we’d love to see you.
- Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Place: The Meteor, 2110 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78704
- Activity: run, walk, skip, or stroll
- Distance: Up to 6.2 miles. U-turn at any point on the out-n-back route to shorten the distance to match your personal fitness level.
- Participation: Free, RSVP
- Meet ‘n’ Greet: 6:00 p.m.
- Run Start: 6:30 p.m.
- Local Social: 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Sunset: 8:28 p.m.
- Event Concludes: 8:30 p.m.
- Official event page: cap10k.com/community/global-running-day
- 6:30 p.m. Start
- The social run is not a race
- The run is not a closed course, streets are not closed for this activity
- Participation is free, Eventbrite ticket stub is not required
- Parking is free in designated areas, please be respectful when parking in the neighborhood
- Run maps are provided (hard copy) and include turn instructions
- Bring your smartphone for digital route tracking, directions, and photos
- Restrooms are located inside The Meteor
- The run is self-guided and self-paced, no timing or race number
- Adult supervision is required for all youth participants
- Use sidewalk, pedestrian path, trail or bike lane when possible
- Pedestrians should yield to cyclists when using the bike lane
- Baby Joggers and strollers permitted
- Leashed, well-behaved dogs permitted
- Travel on the side of the street facing oncoming traffic for safety
- No restroom or aid station services provided on the route
More info at cap10k.com/global-running-day