- This event has passed.
Founders Day Festival
23 April @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
One event on 23 April, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on 24 April, 2022 at 11:00 am
Our town’s largest celebration will convene in downtown Dripping Springs April 22-24, 2022, for the 33rd Annual Founders Day Festival with free live music and entertainment, cook-off competitions, a carnival, traditional fair food, as well as a maze of arts and crafts, non-profit organizations, and business vendor booths.
The hours of the festival are the following:
- Friday: 4pm-Midnight
- Saturday: 10am-Midnight
- Sunday: 11am-5pm (Carnival ends at 7pm) – Note: Church starts at 10am
Here are some helpful tips from the Founders Day Commission that will allow you to have the best experience possible:
- FREE Parking & Shuttle Service! The Dripping Springs Rotary Club will provide a shuttle for festival-goers from the Dripping Springs High School parking lots all day Saturday! The shuttle service will run 9 am to midnight on Saturday, April 23. More details can be found here!
- SAFETY FIRST: Please note that RR12, from Mercer Street to Old Fitzhugh Road will be a “no parking-tow away zone.”
- Festival Admission is FREE! – Although admission to the festival is free, you’ll want to have take advantage of the food choices, beverages, shopping, booth activities, carnival tickets, and donations to the cook-off club teams for tastes.
- Get carnival tickets in advance! Go to our ENTERTAINMENT section of this site to see how and where to purchase.
- Don’t Miss the Grand Parade! This year’s festival kicks off at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 22nd with a Grand Parade on Mercer Street in downtown Dripping Springs. Go early with a lawn chair and be prepared to cheer on the parade entries celebrating “Drippin’ Through the Decades.” Folks will line up on both sides of the street and some bleacher seating will be available as well.
- Stay Late! A street dance with live music will follow the parade on Friday and will run from 7:30 p.m. until midnight. The Mighty Thomas Carnival, food and beer booths will all open Friday evening directly after the parade as well and entertainment all day and night on Saturday.
- The Entertainment is Free! Friday and Saturday night includes live music and street dances. In addition, a variety of dance, acoustic music, local musicians, and up-and-coming artists will add to the FREE entertainment.
- Food Vendor Favorites! Enjoy traditional treats like corn dogs, funnel cakes and our first official vendor Pecos Pete All-Natural Tea and Soda Co. Western themed soda stand with Founders Day Festival Souvenir Mugs. $25 with refills daily. Pecospetessoda.com
- Beer Booth in the heart of downtown. The Dripping Springs Knights of Columbus will be serving the coldest beer you’ll find near the main stage/tent area.
- Need First Aid? We’ve Got You Covered! First Aid Stations will be located throughout the festival.
- Beat the Texas Heat! Don’t forget these essentials: Bring plenty of water (or money to buy some), sunscreen, and wear lightweight, comfortable moisture-wicking clothing. (No glass bottles please!)
- Protect Your Belongings! If you plan to ride the Mighty Thomas Carnival attractions, be sure to secure your phones, keys and money. (The Zipper on your list? You can’t trust that your phone will survive in your pocket… many phones are tossed onto Highway 290!)
- Be good to your dog and leave your furry friend at home. Remember, the asphalt downtown gets too hot during the day for pets. The air temperature is not an accurate gauge for the ground temperature which soaks up heat all day long.
- Please do not bring glass bottles into the festival. Plastic cups and containers only!