Family Storytime in Georgetown
8 June @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Wednesday, repeating until 28 July, 2022
Head to Georgetown for Family Storytime at the Georgetown Public Library! Family Storytime is best for ages 0-5 and take place multiple times a week!
- Wednesdays at 9:30, 10:15, and 11:00
- Thursdays at 9:30 and 10:30
- Fridays at 9:30
Storytimes provide young children with the opportunity to learn social skills in a group situation, introduce early literacy, and to experience the enchantment of reading in the library.
Storytime depends on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Our main goal is for everyone to have a good time at the library. To make this experience an enjoyable one for your child, we ask for your cooperation and assistance in the following ways:
- Discuss with your child what to expect at Storytime.
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Please take children who become restless outside the Storytime area as not to distract others from the program. Please rejoin the group when your child is ready.
- Encourage your child to participate in finger plays, songs, and questions asked by the storyteller. Your little one is likely to participate if you are also participating.
- Set a good example. Please remain attentive to the program and your child during Storytime.
- Encourage children to observe library manners such as: using library voices, refraining from running or climbing, and cleaning up after playtime.