EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!
- This event has passed.
Thinkery Family Night: Bricks & Blocks Bonanza
June 12, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - June 13, 2015 @ 8:30 pm
Snap it! Design it! Build it! The Thinkery’s Bricks & Blocks Bonanza Family Night is designed for brick building enthusiasts. Join us for a fun evening of creating with LEGO®, Duplo® and other blocks.
Thinkery is partnering with some amazing local organizations to bring you the ultimate night of brick fun. The evening’s line up includes:
Stations led by Snapology:
* LEGO® Masterpieces – Whether it’s a sculpture or a mosaic let your artistic juices flow.
* Car Races – Design a car and race it down a track.
* Collaborative City – Work together to create an ideal city. Our city will grow larger and larger as the evening goes on.
Stations led by Bricks 4 Kidz:
* Motor Up – Build and control motorized LEGO® models
* Soaring Towers – Build a tower out of Duplo®. How high can you go?
* Duploville – Snap together a town with fun Duplo® pieces.
Stations led by Learning Fun 101:
* Imagination Station – Construct what you want at this creative play station.
* Spin Art – Use rotating LEGO® discs to create works of art.
* LEGO® Lamps – Creations you can use when the lights are out.
* Animation Station – Design stop-motion animation movies with LEGO®.
* Edible Blocks – Create chocolate blocks you can eat.
LEGO® Bracelets – LEGOs you can wear. Plus, 8 year olds and up get to drill their own piece!
Delicious local food for purchase:
* Snap Kitchen – Serving up fresh, healthy take away in their pod in front of the museum. It’s like getting dinner from a giant block!
* Sugar Circus – LEGO-inspired treats that will dazzle and amaze.
Families that play together, stay together. Come play with us and get your tickets now!
$15 Non Member Adult
$13 Non Member Child
$13 Member Adult
$11 Member Child
Free: Children under 2 years
LEGO® and Duplo® are trademarks of the LEGO Group of companies, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this event.
Family Night Cancellation Policy: The Thinkery will not issue a refund for the cost of the ticket if you are unable to attend the event. The Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If the Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.