- This event has passed.
Singles Volunteer Event: CTFB Warehouse Food Prep + Music!
February 14 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Free
Swoovy is celebrating singles who serve all week long! Join us to help the Central TX Food Bank.
Bond with old friends and co-workers, or meet new people with common interests, all while helping ensure the food we distribute is safe and healthy. Volunteers work independently and in teams to inspect, clean, sort, box and make donated food ready to go out to our Partner Agencies and the folks they serve.
This shift is open to volunteers ages 16 and older. Volunteers ages 16 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult age 21 or older. Shirts with sleeves and closed-toe shoes are required to volunteer.
Before you volunteer in our Warehouse, please watch this video to make sure this opportunity is a good fit for you or your team members
- Warehouse volunteers must be age 8 and up in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Individual youth volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 21+ years old in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Food Bank policy requires that all volunteers be in appropriate attire in order to enter the workspace.
- Please dress comfortably and note that anyone wearing sleeveless tops or open-toed shoes will not be permitted into the warehouse to volunteer.
- We have a Volunteer Breakroom to store food/snacks and beverages, but please know that food and beverage items may not be stored in the warehouse at any time.
- As a safety precaution, the Food Bank reserves the right to turn away volunteers who arrive late to their scheduled shift.
- Volunteers who arrive 30 minutes or later after their shift start time will not be permitted to volunteer for safety reasons—NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have missed the 30 minute window please reschedule your shift.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!