- This event has passed.
H-E-B FREE FIRST SUNDAY: AMERICAN INDIAN HERITAGE
November 4, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Free
Celebrate American Indian Heritage month through stories, art, and demonstrations highlighting the past, present, and future of native cultures.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state.
- Join gifted storyteller and educator, Amy Bruton Bluemel, in an interactive storytime exploring artifacts and customs of the Chickasaw Nation and of other southeastern tribes.
- Savor a seasonal snack provided by Common Threads.
- Create a colorful patterned armband inspired by American Indians’ use of beads for everyday decorations and on ceremonial garments or objects.
- Design a medallion to wear around your neck with a symbol that represents yourself or your family.
- Put together a Three Sisters seed packet of corn, squash, and beans then take home to plant and see how these ‘sister’ plants help each other grow stronger.
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum and its parking garage remain open during construction. Surface parking lots and most parking meters will not be available for the duration of the construction project.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by: H-E-B
EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!