- This event has passed.
Cool Summer Nights: Art Night
July 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Free
Our second Cool Summer Nights highlights the amazing range of visual arts found in Texas in conjunction with the exhibition Comanche Motion: The Art of Eric Tippeconnic. Guests can watch artists create paintings inspired by the Museum’s galleries before their eyes, or try out a variety of visual arts techniques for themselves.
Cool Summer Nights lets you discover Museum content in a social and comfortable atmosphere. Whether coming in work clothes straight from the office, enjoying the atmosphere before heading to dinner, or capping off a day spent exploring the city, Cool Summer Nights will give you the freedom to engage and explore the Museum at your own pace and on your own terms.
Each Cool Summer Nights event includes:
- Activated exhibits with living history participants
- Themed lounge provided by Premiere Events
- Cash bar with specialty themed cocktail
- Small bites for purchase by Delicious in our Story of Texas Café (vegetarian options available)
- Complimentary sparkling water from Waterloo Sparkling Water
- Complimentary coffee and cold brew samples by Addison Coffee Roasters
- Souvenirs for purchase in the Museum gift shop
- Photo booth by MYEVENTSTHEBOMB
- Records spun by DJ from Breakaway Records
- Complimentary parking in the Museum’s garage
And don’t miss these great activities especially for Art Night:
- Watch visual artists from Atelier Dojo create spontaneous pieces of art inspired by the Museum’s gallery spaces
- Take part in a silhouette portraiture activity with Cindi Rose
- Create your own art inspired by the work of Eric Tippeconnic with CRAFT
- Watch a weaving demonstration and learn basic stich instruction with DRÉA PETERS Insta Design Group
- Try your hand at blind contour drawing
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!