- This event has passed.
Austin Museum Day at the Bullock Museum
September 23 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Free
Giddy up for Texas-sized fun for the whole family! Explore Rodeo! The Exhibition to discover the excitement behind five of the largest rodeos in the state. Stick around and become immersed in the rodeo experience with creative fun and games from 12-3pm.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission. Explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3 p.m. combine art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
- Don some Texas duds and pose like a rodeo star for our rodeo themed photo booth.
- Sing along to songs about ranches and rodeos from Texas and beyond with Groundwork Music Project.
- Get creative and make mini cowboy prints with Smudge Studios.
- Join Austin Public Library Foundation’s Badgerdog Creative Writing Program to write an original song inspired by Rodeo! The Exhibition.
- Rodeo! The Exhibition comes to life with a performance of YIPPEE YAY! in the Texas Spirit Theater.
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum and its parking garage remain open during construction. Surface parking lots and most parking meters will not be available for the duration of the construction project.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!