- This event has passed.
4th Annual Austin Duck Derby
August 5, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Summertime means making a splash and enjoying the sun at the 4th Annual Austin Duck Derby presented by Austin Sonic Drive-Ins! The family-friendly festival will take place on Saturday, August 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event feature food, music and activities in the parking lot near the Austin American-Statesman—and, of course, the signature duck race on Lady Bird Lake. The derby begins at 11:30 a.m. with the launch of more than 15,000 eco-friendly rubber ducks into the water from the Ann. W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge.
Austinites are invited to participate by adopting a duck to compete in the race! Online duck adoptions are open from June 16 to August 5 at 8 a.m. with weekly incentives. Proceeds benefit the Austin Boys and Girls Clubs Foundation, a nonprofit that provides assistance and scholarships to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area. Single ducks can be adopted for just $5, and Quack Packs, Flocks, and the Quacker’s Dozen are also available. What’s more, adoptive parents of the derby’s fastest ducks will win the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: 2017 Volkswagen Jetta S, sponsored by Hewlett Volkswagen in Georgetown
- Second Place: 2017 Ducati Scrambler 62-6-1, partially sponsored by Ducati Austin
- Third Place: One-week stay in Summer 2018 at Heritage Fairmont Place in Telluride, Colorado
- Fourth Place: Two Southwest Airlines tickets
- Fifth Place: YETI Cooler Prize Package
- 50th Place in Honor of BGCAA’s 50th Birthday: $500 MySonic gift card
Learn more about adopting a duck (starting at $5) in time for the Austin Duck Derby now! www.austinduckderby.com
EDITOR’S NOTE: Listings on the Austin.com calendar contain user-submitted information. Make sure to double check the date, time, and location of your event!