Don your best Texas Heroes costume and head to the Bullock Museum on Sunday, March 1, 2015 to celebrate Texas Independence Day!
As part of the Free First Sunday program, admission to the Museum will be free from 12-5 p.m., plus you can enjoy performances, live music, hands-on activities, food, and more:
- Art Zone: Try your hand at games of chance and trivia questions for a chance to take home unique prizes. Create your own event poster, take a vintage photograph, and more.
- Texas Music: Enjoy all that a state as varied as Texas has to offer with music playing on the plaza throughout the afternoon.
- Lone Star Lounge: Sample tastings and treats to discover what foods pair best with Lone Star Beer. Try samplings of “The National Beer of Texas” in a separate 21+ area.
- Meet a Texas Hero: Discover more about famous Texas personalities as costumed interpreters stroll through the crowd telling stories, debunking myths, and posing for photos.
- Largest Gathering of Texas Heroes: Help the Museum set a World Record for the most people dressed like Texas Heroes in the same place. Come in your own costume, or make one once you’re there.
- History Highlights: Visit with the Texas Historical Commission and surf web-based maps that connect stories about Texas Independence Day and National Women’s History Month.
- Talkin’ History: What would your favorite Texas hero say? Make history talk with with this community art project from Texas Monthly.