On Saturday, October 25, 2014, the free inaugural Austin BikeFest will showcase everything bicycle in Austin, Texas! Govalle Park on Austin’s East Side will be packed with activities for all ages.
Austin BikeFest will kick off with a ribbon cutting of Austin’s newest multi-use path, the Southern Walnut Creek Trail. U.S. Representative Lloyd Doggett (Honorary BikeFest Grand Marshal), Mayor Lee Leffingwell, and other local leaders will cut the ribbon and open the trail at 8:30 a.m.
At 10 a.m., hit the paved Southern Walnut Creek Trail for a family-friendly bike ride in three-mile, eight-mile and 16-mile distances, with hydration and snacks provided along the way. Register here and you’ll be entered into a raffle for a new bike and other prizes. Registration is free!
Festivities at Govalle Park will provide a full day of bike fun, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., including:
- Music for all tastes featuring Blue Mist, The Staylyns, Continental Drift, Riders Against the Storm, and DJ Chorizo Funk
- BikeTexas KidsKup Race
- Kids Adventure Zone
- Halloween costume contest
- Austin City Council Candidates
- Bicycle raffle drawings and cool bike stuff giveaways
- Slow Races, Bicycle Polo, Unicycle Football League of San Marcos, and other bike games—bring your wheel(s) and join the fun
- Food trailers, including Wholly Kabob, Rollin Smoke BBQ, Snappy Snacks, and Austin’s Pizza
- Texas made microbrews and small batch libations from Live Oak, Independence, and Austin Eastciders
- Booths by local bike shops and bike-stuff makers with special BikeFest deals
- Bicycle Valet Parking, presented by Dero Bicycle Racks
- And more!