We spent yesterday at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in a valiant effort to conquer both the amusement park and the water park in one blistering hot day. We didn’t manage to try every ride – or probably even a quarter of the rides – but everyone left happy (and exhausted), so I’m going go ahead and call the day a success.
This was only my second visit to the San Antonio Six Flags, so I am by no means an expert. I’ll share what I figured out this weekend, and I hope you will add your tips in the comments!
The full price for a one-day ticket to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, at the gate, is $63.99 for general admission and $48.99 for children under 48″. Here a few ways you can save on tickets.
2013 Deals, Discounts, and Coupons:
- VisitSanAntonio.com is offering a Buy One General Use Ticket Get A Child’s Ticket Free coupon, which allows you to get up to four child tickets free. The coupon cannot be combined with other discounts. It is valid through November 17, 2013. See the coupon for additional fine print.
- Save up to $20 when you buy your tickets online in advance. Purchase tickets at least seven days prior to your visit and pay $43.99. Buy your tickets at least three days in advance and pay $46.99. Print at home and go straight to the gate.
- McDonald’s is offering coupons for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Use the promo code MCD to purchase tickets online three days prior to your visit, and you can save $20. This coupon code can be used through September 22, 2013 and is valid for up to four tickets. If you use the promo code MCD to purchase tickets less than three days prior to your visit, you will save $15.
- Purchase tickets online to save up to $21 through this Coca-Cola promotion. The offer expires September 22, 2013.
- San Antonio Kids Guide is offering a printable coupon for $15 off a General Admission ticket at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. The coupon expires September 2, 2013. Head over here to print your coupon.
- Download the free San Antonio 2013 coupon book. There are some great printable coupons in the book, including Everyone pays kid’s price at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
- Another option for discounted theme park tickets is to purchase them through the Texas Travel Industry Association (TTIA) website. These tickets must be purchased in advance as they will be shipped to you. The site is currently offering tickets for Six Flags Fiesta Texas for $35.00 per adult or child.
- AAA members receive $5 off the general admission with the “Show Your Card and Save” program when presenting your membership card at any Six Flags Fiesta Texas ticket booth (good for up to six discounted tickets). AAA members also receive a 10% discount on merchandise purchases of $15 or more.
- Group tickets are available online for $27.99, for groups of 15-99 (a savings of $34 off the general admission price). One Complimentary ticket for every 25 tickets is automatically added at check-out.
- Children two years old and younger receive free admission to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. A guest does not need a ticket until turning three years old.
- The Six Flags Fiesta Texas water park, White Water Bay, is free with paid admission to Six Flags. The water park is open on select days through September 2, 2013.
- Stay late for the Lone Star Nights Laser and Fireworks Celebration, each evening through August 25, 2013.
- Plan ahead for next year and sign up for Read to Succeed in the fall. This program offers free tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas as a reward for extra reading during the school year. It is available both to schools and home schools.
More freebies spotted around the park:
- Look for signs that offer a free McDonald’s burger if you check in on Foursquare.
- Keep an eye out for free Nokia cell phone charging stations.
- We found a sign, across from Iron Rattler, that was spraying mist. It was just enough to cool us off, before ducking into the nearby arcade for some AC.
- Water fountains!
- Free life jackets are available to borrow at White Water Bay. (Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal life vests are permitted in the water park.)
- If you have little tikes who get overheated in the park, take a quick break at the splash pad and shaded pirate ship playground, located in Kidzopolis. (Listed on the map as Splish Splash Zone in Spassburg.)
|Kidzopolis Splash Pad and Playground|
To help plan your visit:
- Parking is $18.
- No outside food or drink is allowed (but you can pack a cooler for a car picnic in the parking lot – we did!).
- Souvenir cups are $14.99. On the day you purchase a cup, you are given a wristband which allows you to get free refills that day.
- If you already own – or can borrow – a souvenir cup, bring it to the park and purchase a wristband for $3.99. This will give you unlimited refills for the day.
- You can find air conditioned seating at picnic tables inside the arcade, across from Iron Rattler. There is more indoor seating (and cartoons playing on the big screen) at the Food Court.
- Rides for small children had very short lines yesterday. The roller coasters, however, had wait times of up to an hour. Consider bringing a personal fan that sprays water (you can find them at Target for $8) to keep you cool in line.
- Lockers in the water park are $13 to $18 (depending on size).
So, what else? Please share your tips to make a hot day at Six Flags more enjoyable and affordable!
You may also be interested in: