- This event has passed.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Judge Reinhold Live
September 24 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Rolling Roadshow Join us for
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
With Judge Reinhold on the making of the film, behind the scenes stories, and a Q & A following the screening.
– Judge Reinhold live in person for a special outdoor screening at the French Legation!
– Stoney’s Pizza Truck offering pizza on sale (and available for delivery to Mr. Hand’s class)!
– A pre-movie dance party with Pat Benatar costume contest!
In 1982, FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH became the best modern teen comedy and more than 30 years later still stands as one of the greatest. The American Film Institute lists it as one of the greatest 100 American comedies of all time. Many of the movie’s most famous lines are now a part of the American lexicon. The film is a legitimate look at the issues still facing teens in suburban America. Amy Heckerling’s movie is based on the investigative journalism of Cameron Crowe (who secretly masqueraded as a senior for a year in a California high school) and gave us Sean Penn as iconic stoned surfer Jeff Spicoli, Jennifer Jason Leigh as Stacy, a freshman discovering her sexual identity, and Judge Reinhold’s Brad Hamilton who became the quintessential American working student whose last year of high school – becomes the worst year of his life.
For this special event, we’re welcoming Judge Reinhold back to high school for a special introduction and Q & A after the movie, screened outdoors on the lawn of the French Legation, where you can bring your own beverages and a picnic, or enjoy pizza from Stoney’s and whatever else you might want to bring to help you get to a place where you’re smacking your skull with one of your new Vans.
Join us as we come together to learn about Cuba and eat some pizza. Come out early to dance to 80’s hits and show off your best Pat Benatar look!
This show made possible by our friends at Wizard World, and of course Stoney’s Pizza.
*17 & Up Only
Doors : 6:30 pm
Movie : Twilight (7:45pm-ish)
Ticket for admission:
$15 – Movie admission ticket / Credit or debit only at Door.
What you CAN bring:
– Beverages of any kind
– Folding Chairs & Blankets
What you CAN NOT bring:
– There’s no smoking at the venue, so you can bring smokes, but you can’t smoke ’em if you’ve got ’em until you head out of the screening area.
– Event will occur Rain or Shine.
– All ticket sales are FINAL; no refunds, exchanges, or transfers will be given.